makes 12-18 slices
2 cups (210g) porridge oats
1 cup (100g) walnuts
2/3 cup (180g) smooth peanut butter
2/3 cup (110g) Tiana’s cooking coconut butter
1/2 cup (125ml) maple syrup *
2 medium bananas
* if you have an extra sweet tooth – add in an additional 2 tbsp maple syrup for a heightened caramel taste. I like to do this when I’m in need of a bit of added decadence!
PREHEAT YOUR OVEN TO 180 C / 356 F
1. Firstly, crush your walnuts into small pieces. Then, add them into a large mixing bowl with the porridge oats, stir together and set aside.
2. Next, add the peanut butter, coconut butter and maple syrup into a pan on a low-medium heat. Stir together for a few minutes until completely melted and will mixed. Then, remove from the heat and pour into your mixing bowl. Stir all together until well mixed.
3. Line your baking tray with baking parchment, and pour in your flapjack mixture. Then, slice your 2 bananas, and lay them on top of the flapjack mixture, covering it well. Place the flapjack into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
4. When the edges of the flapjack are golden, remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely – this takes about 2 hours or so. When the flapjacks have cooled, slice and serve.