Sweet Potato & Walnut Chilli
1 medium sweet potato
3/4 cup (70g) walnuts
1/2 cup (90g) sun dried tomatoes
6 tomatoes (450g)
1 tsp garlic puree
1 tsp tomato puree
1/3 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp lime juice
Salt and pepper, to taste
serve with rice, or what ever else you like, to finish.
1. Firstly, peel and chop your sweet potato into small, bite sized pieces. Fill a pan with water and place onto a medium-high heat. When the water bubbles, add in the sweet potato pieces and cook for about 6 minutes, until fairly soft.
2. In the meantime, make the rest of your chilli. Add all of the remaining ingredients into a food processor. Blend for about 30 seconds – 1 minute, so that the ingredients have broken down, but still have texture and aren’t smooth. Set aside.
3. If you are serving this dish with rice, I would recommend cooking it now.
4. By this time, your sweet potatoes should have cooked. Drain and pour into a wok or large frying pan on a low-medium heat. Pour in the chilli mixture, and stir.
5. While the rice, or what else you are serving this dish with cooks, continue to warm your chilli on a low-medium heat. Allow the chilli to simmer, and stir every now and then so it’s evenly cooked.
6. When the rice has cooked, remove the chilli from the heat and serve onto plates. Delicious!